TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions and any other rules posted on our Site (collectively the "Terms") constitute an agreement between Luminaire Limited ("Luminaire", "we", "our", "us") and you, the visitor, governing your access and use of all content and functionalities available at the website, related micro-sites accessed through the URL www.luminaireco.com, related domain names, and any other website or micro-site of Luminaire (collectively the "Site").
By visiting the Site, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in the Terms. We may modify the Terms from time to time and your continued use of this Site (or any of our other Sites) following such change shall signify your agreement to be bound by the modified Terms.
Registration and Account Terms and Conditions
To use some of the services or features made available to you on this Site you will need to register for an account. When you register you are required to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current, and complete in all respects. Should any of your registration information change, please notify us immediately at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also change registration requirements from time to time.
- You may contact us to request services via WhatsApp or email.
- Your request for services is accepted by us when we so agree orally by telephone or in writing by email or WhatsApp. At the time we accept your request for services, we will notify you of any special conditions that may apply. The contract between us will be formed based on the contents of our email/telephone/WhatsApp exchange, any other relevant documents or confirmations that we send to you (including invoices) and these terms and conditions.
- During the request for services process we will let you know when we will provide our services to you and the applicable service fees. Our fee for services will be the fees quoted to you during the request for services process. If the services are ongoing services, we will also tell you when and how you can end the contract.
- We may refuse to provide services to you at any time at our sole discretion.
- We will not be liable to you (or deemed to be in breach of our agreement with you) if our supply of services is delayed by an event outside our reasonable control.
Fees and payments
- When we accept your request for services, we will require you to provide us with payment card details (which you agree shall be your own payment card) to secure the service request and any subsequent purchase(s). You authorise us to debit your payment card, and you will pay, the price of the item(s) and any applicable taxes and shipping costs and the commission payment for our services, which is typically 10% as notified in advance by is to you. You are fully liable to us for all such charges.
- We will generally take payment when we have located the products that you have requested, but before the order for the products has been placed. All invoices are due for immediate payment and it is possible that items may become unavailable between confirmation of availability to client and payment being made. Once you have paid the invoice, we will send you a confirmation of your order. The invoice and/or the confirmation shall include a brief description of the products ordered.
- If a preliminary invoice is provided to you in respect of products, you are agreeing to purchase the products. In particular, because we procure items specifically to order, once you have paid any deposit in relation to an order, as applicable, we treat that order as confirmed and you will need to pay the balance to us within the time period notified to you. If you do not make any payment to us when it is due, we may end the contract for services at any time. Only once payment has been received will a product be released for shipping. We may refuse to process or accept a transaction for products for any reason at our sole discretion.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
(a) all orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price by the retailer; and
(b) each retailer has their own processing times, delivery methods and prices, and returns and refund policies. We shall endeavour to notify you of such information on any preliminary invoice or confirmation notification we send to you.
5. You acknowledge and agree that we may use a payment platform to process and store your payment card details. We take every reasonable precaution to protect sensitive client data. However, we cannot be held responsible for any data breach if payment is made by you from a device that has been compromised by a virus or malware, or over a network that is not secure.
6. For larger payments we may request that you pay by International BACS transfer and this can be arranged with your bank directly.
8. The products become your responsibility from the time they are delivered to you to the address provided, or you (or a carrier organised by you) collect them from us.
Returns and exchanges
- The details, images and descriptions of the products that we give to you when we provide the services or when we issue you with a preliminary invoice are provided to us by the retailers. All efforts are made to ensure that such details, images, descriptions and prices are accurate, however your product may vary slightly from the images and descriptions provided. In particular, you acknowledge that:
(a) some items of jewellery and leather goods are handmade and slight variations in construction and decoration are normal;
(b) gemstone and leather materials are natural and therefore each product is unique; and
(c) no guarantees can be made as to any product’s consistency.
2. We cannot give any undertaking that products you purchase from retailers through us will be of satisfactory quality, and this and any other such warranties (whether express or implied) are disclaimed by us absolutely to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the products you have ordered are not as described, flawed or not fit for purpose, we will return them to the retailer on your behalf in accordance with the retailer’s returns policy and we shall assist you where reasonably practicable in respect of any such return, exchange or refund. However, in the case of fine jewellery, high-value leather goods or exotic skins such as Hermes, please note that in most cases any sale is considered final, and no exchange, return or refund will usually be possible unless expressly stated otherwise in advance. Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Please note that products (and in particular fine jewellery, leather goods and luxury items) tend to be delicate and must be cared for properly. You should carefully follow the care guidelines that come with the relevant product. You also acknowledge that for every return, exchange or repair request, retailers reserve the right to evaluate the product before agreeing to anything. Retailers will generally offer a refund for manufacturing defects (other than in the case of natural/handmade variations as described in paragraph 20 above) but not where an item has been damaged by a customer’s handling of it.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you:
- If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking our contract with you or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the request process. We are also not responsible for any loss or damage that arises from:
(a) inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete information provided by you;
(b) your fault; or
(c) any alterations that are made to a product at your request (even if the person carrying out the alteration was introduced to you by us).
2. If we are providing services in your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre existing faults or damage to your property that we discover while providing the services.
3. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, our maximum liability to you under these terms and conditions in respect of any order of products and/or services made by you shall be limited to the total value of that order.
4. You acknowledge and agree that you shall use your own skill and judgment as to value, quality and suitability of any services or products that we recommend, provide or make available to you.
- We may vary these Terms from time to time. By requesting services and or products from us, you agree to comply with, and be bound by, the version of the Terms notified to you (or, if no version of the terms and conditions is notified to you, the version set out on our website) at the relevant time.
- Each paragraph (and sub-paragraph) of these Terms operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs (or sub-paragraphs) will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
If you have any question, or if any problem with our services provided or the products purchased may arise, please reach out to us by email at email@example.com.
Our company details are as follows: Luminaire Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 13232831 and with our registered office at Summit House, 170 Finchley Road, London, United Kingdom, NW3 6BP.